Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Advent Calendar

Last year my sister made this adorable advent calendar for me. Isn't she sweet?  


To bring in more of the true meaning of Christmas, I placed a scripture in each bag that tells the story of our Savior's birth. Thank you to other creative people I was able to find the scriptures here.


Along with the scriptures I place Christmas and winter activities in each bag. Some activities were taken from the the Christmas Bucket List that I found here. Here are some other activities I used: visit Temple Square, play with our the nativity set, go sledding, attend our ward Christmas dinner, cut snowflakes, make reindeer food, make neighbor gifts, make a countdown paper chain, build a snowman, etc. 


Here is a close up on some of the bags. I love how they are different shapes and sizes. 

1 comment: